PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPruNe/Astraeus Selection Day
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2005, 19:03
airtaxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interview questions

Hi everyone. I too was lucky enough to attend the selection day although unfortunately I didn't make it to the sim ride. I would, however like to take this opportunity to thank Capt pprune, Hamrah, Infinretirement and the other two interviewers for their time and help. It is much appreciated.

I suspect I let myself down during the interview and it will be interesting to receive feedback from Danny et al.

I have decided to write down the questions asked of me during the interview (or at least the ones I can remember) in the hope of (a) sparking a discussion or two and (b) helping anyone who has an interview in the near future. Comments are welcomed from all ppruners but please would you give a brief description of your background as I think it would be interesting to compare how people of differing experience would answer the same question.

OK, enough waffle - here goes in no particular order...

1. Why do you want to fly in the airlines?

2. Give an example of when you were last kind to someone.

3. What are your weakest areas?

4. What are your strongest areas?

5. What kind of people make you angry?

6. Give an example of when you last made someone feel special.

7. What is your greatest achievement to date?

8. Describe your most embarressing moment.

9. After a night stop both you and the Captain are feeling the worse for wear. You especially feel that the Captain is over the alcohol limit and not fit to fly. What do you do/say to him?

10. You are flying an ILS approach where you know the cloudbase is below minimums. The Captain says to you that he knows the local weather very well and if he just goes a few feet below the decision height then he is sure he will get in to land. What do you say to him about that?

Of all these questions I expect numbers nine and ten to be of the most interest - I know I had trouble answering them.

Well guys, what would you say???