PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2005, 14:34
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC Trust

Hi Flyers

I was sorry to hear the sad news of the death of Newcastle Aero Club after such a long and successfull life. I share your feelings and recognise the need for mourning and will join you in that process.

However we may not be NACT yet!!!!!!!
There is still one last hope of reviving the spirit of NAC pioneers who gave us the airport.

The administrator told me that if funding can be confirmed before contracts are finished The Trust option may still have a chance!!!!

I believe the airport has a charity fund "Reach for the Sky"of £1,000,000 yet to be allocated for 2005. Last year it went to needy children in the north east. This information has not been confirmed yet but if true perhaps some could be allocated to NACT.

The Seven Local Authorities have access to their own funds that could be used for NACT.

As part owners of the airport Local Authorities have the power and may be able to direct these funds in time to save the day.

One North East I think still have a community developement fund which may also be used for that purpose.

Approaches have been made to activate the above but they will need a responsible group through which to act.

The ball is still in your court. I can no longer play alone so

Will you all please pick it up as I
Hope2
play