PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pay in ryr ops
Thread: pay in ryr ops
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2005, 10:42
DK338

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viking 9,

Rant on.

Thanks for the reply. However there is no way on earth I would consider starting in security just to get a foot in the door. And that would be for three fundemental reasons, first and foremost doing so would cut my salary by three quarters, secondly I work for a property management firm and I am the manager for security, catering et al - so why would I want to demote myself to become some halfwit, and thirdly I have meningi years of aviation experience and knowledge coupled with a host of management and H&S qualifications and customer service skills so becoming thicky Mcthick on the security gate would be an insult too far. Put simply I am not THAT desperate.

I know exactly what I want and where to get it and I shall simply wait until the right moment.

One thing that I find astonishing is the pay scales in civil aviation and more incredibly the long list of willing volunteers who are happy to live a life of uncertainty and penuary. I love aviation, it has been part of my life since infancy, but it will not impinge on my quality of life. What I have done for now, and this maybe a more permanent arrangement than originally planned, is to get a very well paid job that affords me a very comfortable standard of living leaving me free to pursue my passion for aviation recreationally.

Although I am aware that sacrifices must be made to realise a goal, and for me that will me a pay cut and certainly a relocation, there is only so much I am prepared to accept.

Rant off.

Edited for poor pragraph layout and spooling

Last edited by DK338; 18th Jan 2005 at 13:09.