PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean almost ditched
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 23:26
A330 Retard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen:

Notifying the aviation fraternity about safety issues in the hope that lessons can be learned by mistakes made by others is one thing, but airing out a corporation’s dirty laundry to the general public is wrong.

FOQA events (posted by "Morning Calm") in any airline are usually kept confidential to senior managers and not normally divulged to line pilots generally. Perhaps Korean Air needs to adopt this procedure thus avoiding future events being made so public.

There is clearly a leak which needs to be plugged and has anyone considered the monthly crew meetings as a possible source of such leaks?

"Bulgogi Flyer" has approached whatever problems the foreign pilots may have with management in the wrong way and "KAL Aviator" (and others) have certainly identified the root cause of not only Korean Air’s problems but the problems encountered by many Asian airlines.

Naming individuals shows a vindictive streak in the author who is probably an unbalanced person not suited to commanding an aircraft and identifying and taking appropriate action would be well advised.

As a Korean Air pilot on my third contract, I can honestly state that there is a Flight Operations Quality Assurance Auditor/Safety Advisor (B777 fleet) with access to the safety department’s FOQA data who regularly discusses FOQA events on layovers, in the crew room and other social gatherings. Granted I have almost identified this individual but I have done it in such a way that Korean Air personnel and not the general public will know who the culprit is.

Hopefully, management will adopt more stringent procedures on the sharing of sensitive information to it’s workforce in the future.

Safe Flying to all my colleagues ………………