PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 20:58
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC Trust (suggestion)

Hi flyers,
For the local authorities to agree to try to support and save your aero club in the time available they will need identified trustworthy people who they believe want it and can run it even only for the remaining lease life
I recon we(those PPruners who wish to act to help) have three days & nights to present a public picture on this site of a unified group willing and capable of running an organisation of charitable nature.
Can it be done?
Please do not answer.
We will not know untill we have tried!

I will ask local authorities to consider the information on this site as if it was derived from public meetings etc. It will be their decision to decide if it is acceptable.

Suggestion 1.
Take a concensus for a person willing to co-ordinate voluntary efforts of those interested in supporting a charitable organisation and form an initial action group with a view to running the groups affairs.

I cannot be in that group as no one knows me.

Please then state which councils have been asked by one of their residents to look into this issue apparent policy of NIAL.

Best wishes
Hope2.

Mu Beta ;-
Thanks for input. In this electronic world Hope2fly is an identifyable person as are all the other names. His reputation was harmed by the accusations. His integrity was seriously undermined. the job he was trying to do was damaged and delayed resulting in unknown cost to the project. There are many expresions of feelings right through this thread. It would make an interesting court case I think. Please note it was presented as a joke!!! I have no intention of going there!!!! This thread is a very valuable record for learning about club life and death.

Topjet:-
That licence description seemed very like those used by working mens clubs years ago.
They addressed the public access problem by each member being allowed 6 or eight guests/visitors to sign in. Doormen decided visitors suitability for entry and allocated a member to sign for them. Problem solved. don't know if that is still permissable under modern rules.

Mike Halls;-
Vocational training is an allowable activity in charitable organisations it should cover Flying ?

best wishes
Hope2