PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 20:58
TOPJET973K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero Club

Hi Gang...

Well, that Master plan says it all - HST, I take back my words.

It now seems that we were never really wanted on that airfield after Parkin arrived and he has suceeded in closing another Aero Club. I whole heartedly supported Elia from the start and was extremely proud to do that - always voiced my opinion, yes - it was a long shot but well worth a try.

Hope 2 Fly - read the Master Plan, charitable organisation or whatever it is to be called, it's the end mate but I admire your determination! Do you now understand what a complex situation you have got yourself involved in? I have spoken to Brian (noiseabatement) - he's a tough cookie, a very well respected Pilot at BA, but do not take his rants to heart - barks worse than he bites.

Not sure what to add, can't help thinking why the Samson Jet Centre would want to invest over £240K without a long term lease or do they know something we don't?

I feel sick for the guys made redundant because of this complete mess, lets hope they all find suitable employment where they belong - in the cockpit, it obviously doesn't bother certain ex committee members, you know the guy who's hair looks like a "syrup" - a weeks skiing is good for the soul