PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 16:04
Bob Stinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the reason that I am thinking of changing is the extra speed could be usefull also between me and the instructor the C152 is carrying 35 stone to start with , and we are both over 6 foot, it just seems to me to make more sense to swap to the PA28, did some bad weather circuits this morning , and then the weather cleared so up I went on my own, the xwind got up pretty quickly and by the time I called finals it was at 20knts , I tried to battle it and ended up almost down at about 100' over the threshold, it then hit me there was no way I was confident so I called the go around, you guessed it the next circuit very similar only now 21knts , another abort and go around, a bit of panic now set in and i just calmed myself down and had a think, it was then that the nice man in the tower made up my mind for me, he offered me runway 25 the wind was from 230 so I took it got it down taxid to the club and had a long think about what had happened, I concluded after the first go around I should have instigated the change of runway, well live and learn.