PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get Well Soon
Thread: Get Well Soon
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 11:07
terryJones
Sellby_date Expired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get Well Soon

I know that the Pink Headset thread started some controversy in the past, but I am sure that EVERYONE will want to forget this, and join in wishing Pinky a safe and speedy recovery.
She was rushed the 80 miles into hospital on Friday, and at this moment there is little information available. Enclosed is a copy of a posting from her own forum site:-
Re: SAD NEWS
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 8:29pm » Quote Modify
Yes I have just got back from seeing Suzanne, the story is as Tacan describes - she was in excruciating pain, yesterday was spent being tested and trying to get her pain under control, she is pretty well morphined up to as much as she can have unfortunately it isn't alleviationg all of the pain. yesterdays tests showed a suspicious shadow on her liver and the plan was to keep working on the pain over the weekend and do a CAT scan on Monday. However her pain was very bad this morning and so she was scanned this am - there has been bleeding into her liver and a growth of about the size of a golf ball, the doctors are hopeful that this may be benign though will not know until she is operated on. The scan also showed that the bleeding may be slowing down and clotting and if so over the next few days her pain may start to fade. If her condition does not improve or deteriorates further then she will be going to tne national liver centre to be operated on sooner. So it is just a wait and see....
TT is arriving tomorrow with possibly Suzannes sister to help. If there is news I will post it......if I don't post it is most likely no change in her situation. Despite the horrendous circumstances there were the occasional flashes of Suzannes spirit, though even the feeblest of laughs made her feel worse! I did pass on everyones best wishes to her and printed out the messages, she wasn't up to reading them herself but hopefully she will soon.
Can I also respectfully request that the MODS do not move this into JB, although I admit this has even less to do with aviation than the original thread.
TJ