PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - cadet program - SO
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2005, 00:18
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global

Please do not think for one minute that I disagree with a word you say here, you post well and put your views/opinion very well, just as it should be. I never recall seeing such a well balanced thread on any QR related topic so far.

Fact is, even in good old Europe, low time and very keen Pilot assets are having to pay for what they get if it leads to a job. Even high time rated guys have to pay certain airlines to look at CV's........................................

I am no fan of QR/Qatar and that is no secret, however, one thing that cannot be taken away from QR here is the fact they are prepared to pay a Cadet whilst under training.

There are 'First World' Airlines taking cash up front for Type Ratings, after self funded Jet Handling Assesments with third party involvement. It just seems to be the way of the World now, Wannabes standing up united against it just isn't going to make it go away.

If there are keen types who want to go for it, so be it. I would say we all learn by our mistakes, but my views are tarnished by my own (very short) experience out there, along with my own views/experiences of QR.

Nice to see you trying to help these guys decide, only they can decide if it is a good deal, if it pays enough to pay the loans back home, at least you are contributing, just wish someone at QR would answer this obvious interest in their ad.

The one thing I could never work out about the whole deal.....

QR Recruit NTR P1 and P2 all fleets.
QR bond said NTR Pilots.
QR has failed said pilots after ground school, and not cared about the costs incurred.
QR has an 'Open cheque book' ask Airbus

Why deduct training costs from salary? is bonding not enough?

My guess is 'Cadet Pilots' may just stay for five years, if only they were not paying back costs to be incurred anyway.

2p worth I had to get off my chest, sorry.

Choose well guys, enjoy and above all, FLY SAFE

Bored