PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best dining in night game
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 23:28
grusome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zorrotfb

The game is Slosh. Unfortunately it destroys the cushions and usually results in the table being moved off its foundation, thus ruining any subsequent billiards/snooker games.
The rules I recall were basic:
The opener fires a ball by hand from the "D" to the target on the black spot. Thereafter, each player, using the same ball, must cannon off the target ball before it stops moving.
Failure to do so invoked a penalty, depending on the game - take a drink, buy a round, drop out of the game, lose one's ante - all were possibles.
I seem to recall a requirement for one foot on the floor when shooting, and shepherding an opponent was bad form.

WRT Mess games, I recall also that Moriarty - the art of belting the opponent with a rolled-up newspaper whilst blindfolded - was almost invariably played at the DI.

More rarely, because it depended on certain Mess architecture, was "Fighters and Bombers", which involved the fighter being on the perch (ie, wherever they could attach themselves to the wall) preparatory to doing a high quarter on the bomber pilot who was being pushed around the ante-room in a wheeled arm chair by his long suffering nav (or vice-versa when the nav was stuffed!).

Gru