PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 16th Jan 2005, 20:11
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tandemrotor

No, you are wrong, you cannot get overtime on your days off, you are not deemed to be employed by the company on those days. Anyway, why would a part-timer want to work on his/her day off? The reason for being PTWK is to spend less time at work, not more.

Flying Lawyer: Hello I don't think we've 'conversed' before. Interesting discussion as you say, but spoiled by those who are ignorant of what the law says.

Yes one is less likely to be objective when the subject it known to me, but I work for BA, am male and am on a 75% contract (standing by for hate flamers here). Hence my opinions are based on that standpoint.

I think you are factually incorrect when you say Jessica is trying to get BA to change the rostering system as 50% PTWK is an option available for anyone in Flt Ops to at least apply for. She was just asking for that to be applied to her. BA then jumped in with an arbitrary rule change with this 2000 hr business which they have just dreamed up presumably to deter a flood of applications for similar.

BA probably refused her request because the Airbus fleet is underestablished. Our credit targets are steadily increasing and the fleet is showing the strain with recent flight cancellations due to lack of F/Os (Training Captains being offered overtime to fly in the RHS).

There have been problems with recruitment due to a pension dispute and the fact is that BA need more pilots now. Hope this helps, Flying Lawyer.

Those people who snipe at Jessica's hours total must remember that we have relatively little control over how many hours we work in BA, if the company construct inefficient tours involving positioning and long delays between flights and LHR T4 - T1 transfers, there is little we can do about it, but we all end up spending long hours at work. Add that to chaos LHR and I don't blame anyone trying to get part-time.

Airbus Girl, we posted at the same time. I think the answer to your question is here in this thread somewhere, something like 66% of CC are on some kind of flexible working arrangement.