PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 18:11
BigSteve81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Been following this closely since I joined a few weeks ago and didn't really have much to say until I read BahrainLad's comments.
In any case, local councils have police, education, hospitals and countless other things to worry about other than wealthy (in the North East, if you can afford private flying lessons, you are "loaded" compared to the majority of the population) people who have lost their toy.
I noted he said in the above sentence 'if you can afford private flying lessons, you are "loaded" compared to the majority of the population'. Not quite right. Im 23yrs old just finished university and have a job that pays less than the UK national average wage. I don't own a house because I can't afford a mortgage, I drive a car that cost me a grand total of 500 pounds, I basically live the cheapest existance I possibly can. And thats simply down to the fact that I want to eventually fly for a living. And as for the part 'wealthy people who have lost their toy.' You may want to give consideration to the people are not wealthy, like myself (and probably a few other members of the NAC), who have lost their flying school.

If I could afford it then that would have been my 2 pence worth

Big Steve