PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS - Regulations and saving life
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 15:19
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Each one of the three flights I felt comfortable taking...Snow showers were around but the big ol's orange moon was shining...so vis was great....except for that one big cell hanging along my flightpath at the worst point. Radar looked good before we went....

The moon was up on the way to St. Marys but had set prior to the return trip...but stark clear all around....just a very dark area with mountains. Just no lights on the ground around there for quite some way....and with no moon....and a bit of haze....made for an interesting flight. Just reverted to offshore night flying....glance outside every now and then but fly instruments till some lights showed up.

The fog....well that was a an educated guess....short scene flight...all over a populated area mostly....out and back...20 minutes maybe.....just guessed wrong on that one. Did not guess wrong on any more like that...."smoke" under the street lights and it is red for the night! Movie and popcorn event.

I even carry it to the old wind light...temp/dew point within 2-3 degrees....red night....movie and popcorn.

Low cloud....precip is one thing...fog is in a catagory all by itself....if fog is around...or a good possibility....movie and popcorn time.