PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIP amendment # ?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 12:10
critter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I copied this from the TC website. I hope it helps

A.I.P. Canada

Transport Canada Aeronautical Information Manual (TC AIM) to Replace A.I.P. Canada

Over the past couple of years, Transport Canada has been examining ways of improving how information services are being provided to the flying community. As a result, we will be introducing a number of improvements over the next year. We have now posted the A.I.P. Canada (AIP) on the Transport Canada Web site in a downloadable (PDF) format; however, this is only a temporary measure, as the AIP will be phased out and replaced by a new publication starting in October 2005. In order to prepare for the introduction of the new aeronautical publication, called the TC AIM, the last amendment to the paper version of the AIP will be amendment 02/05, dated April 14, 2005.

The TC AIM will contain most of the same aeronautical information that is currently contained in the AIP, albeit in a different format. It will be published in an 8½ in. X 11 in. bound format and will be published every six months. Graphics and font size will be larger, and there will no longer be a need to insert amendments to keep your publication up to date. The paper version of the TC AIM will be provided free of charge for the first year to all who qualify to receive the AIP; but after the first two editions, it will be available as a subscription for a small fee. More details on subscriptions will be available at a later date.

NAV CANADA will also be introducing a new State aeronautical information publication, called the AIP Canada (ICAO). This new publication will be different from the current AIP, as it will be an ICAO-compliant publication intended primarily to satisfy international requirements. It will be available on the NAV CANADA Web site as a downloadable product as of October 27, 2005.

Supplements and aeronautical information circulars (AIC) currently available in the paper version of the AIP, and on the Transport Canada Web site, will also be available on the NAV CANADA Web site starting July 7, 2005. However, they will not be included in the paper version of the TC AIM.

These changes incorporate many suggestions received over the past few years from the flying community, and Transport Canada appreciates all of the constructive suggestions that have been made over the years.