PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 16th Jan 2005, 11:53
Shuttleworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Datacon - its true but bizarre isn't it!

Tandem rotor said -"Which means some people can both have their cake, AND eat it. But for some couples, both of them on 75% just isn't enough of the cake."

I quite agree.

For part time Captain's, I heard one quote that as a result of working 75% his nett pay is only 11% less each month.

Perhaps one of the issues is thet on the Airbus fleet operating up to 60 sectors a month into BA's shambles at LHR can be very exhausting (more tiring than doing a similar number of sectors into STN with Ryanair perhaps?) - that's why there are a far higher number of BA airbus pilots requesting and getting PT than on other fleet.

I'm not sure which way I view this court case. I can see valid points on each side.
A few previous posters have commented on the Starmer's decision to live in the countryside 110 miles from LHR - and that surely has a deleterious effect on their ability to manage the job/home life balance.

One thing is for sure; That BA can't freely give 50% contracts to some employees then ration the number of 50% contracts they give to pilots.

Last edited by Shuttleworth; 16th Jan 2005 at 17:41.