PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 11:35
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC Charitable Proposal

Hi Flyers,

I confirm I submitted an initial offer to RMT by the deadline of 12 noon on the 7/1/2005.
My last phone conversations with Linda Farish on Tuesday/ Wednesday last indicated it was still in with a chance. It may be one of the “two prospective buyers wished to see the club continue” mentioned in yesterday’s Journal.

If that is correct please note; -
I AM NOT THE PROSPECTIVE BUYER! YOU THE REGIONS FLYING COMMUNITY ARE!
As such you will be represented on the Newcastle Aero Club Trust. BUT ONLY IF YOU ACT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

An approach is being made to the Local Authority owners of the airport to ensure they themselves consider this proposal and help to implement it if appropriate & possible in the time scale permitted by the administrators.

Councillor Mole The cabinet member on Gateshead council with responsibility for their share of the airport agreed on the phone to look into the issue tomorrow Monday. The officer responsible for assisting him is Gavin Monument. As a Gateshead resident I have a right to request their help in community matters.
This approach will have more chance of success if all SEVEN LOCAL AUTHORITIES address it for their residents. If you are INTERESTED IN HELPING ! CONTACT YOUR RESPECTIVE OFFICER AND COUNCILOR. On Monday morning or ASAP.

I think The Local Authority with lead role on Airport holding company is South Tyneside and the officer to contact is David Slater Phone number 0191 4271717. As leaders their support is important. There may be a relevant meeting on midweek or following week(not sure).

Money is often the final decider but people can influence and direct it or change outcomes. This was recently proved when a government was compelled to re –run elections !!!!!!!!!

Remember the most valuable business asset being sold is you, the potential membership and your spending power. Pledge that to the option of your choice is your way of influencing the outcome of this unfortunate situation.

On finances every pledge no mater how small will help you to win back your club.

Urdy Gurdy;- Thank you for offering to run a fundraising quiz. That is the kind of spirit needed to succeed. Can you do it next week????????!!!!!!!! PLEASE ?
Which proposal do you support ?

The suggestion made earlier still stands for other proposals to co-operate with each other on charitable basis. I am unable to contact them. If other people can please let them know and feed back through this forum.

Finally my computer keeps crashing and locking up but I will try to post when I can.

Best wishes
Hope2