PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kemble - a great lunch destination?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 11:11
dy1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KEMBLE AV8

From Airfield Manager, Kemble

I have just sent e-mail to a group who are not visiting us today for the Fly In because of yesterday's bad report about AV8 on Friday - did not like it, but totally justified and my most sincere apologies to everyone.

Yesterday, Saturday, we had a great day given the weather, with six staff in AV8 and everything under control.

TODAY we also have six staff in, three in the kitchen and three out front. WE have one side of the restaurant booked for 33 people and have stopped taking bookings to keep the other side free on a first come first served basis for visiting pilots and their friends.

We have two fully qualified FISO's in the Tower as usual and volunteers from the Cotswold Aviation Preservation Group here to help with fuel and marshalling. I hope it turns out to be fun for everyone - wherever they are flying.

It is worth keeping in mind that Kemble is such a popular place for Sunday lunch now that it is worth booking early.

Friday was an unmitigated disaster and there will be follow up action taken this week. This must not happen ever again will be my main message. There were sort of excuses, none acceptable. I admit there have been problems over the last two months at least and measures have already been taken to change matters. Staff did an amazing job over Christmas, especially with the evening Christmas parties but there were several days when the delay in service was bad and this is not tolerable. We have to aim for 100%.

I have great hopes for Kemble this year and as soon as we have the web site back in house, probably by end of next week, or very soon after, there should be better information available. We would like to get out web site as good as Barton's !

Landing fees this year are cheaper than last year and free for pre 1946 vintage and I hope this will increase the activity and the Kemble "buzz"

Thanks to all for support and patience - we look forward to seeing you.

David Young
Airfield Manager