PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2005, 10:34
Mu Beta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BahrainLad

BahrainLad.
Are you calling the members of Newcastle Areo Club a bunch of whining, spoilt Biggles-wannabees?
If so, I would point out to you that the majority of those who flew there were hard-working people who saved their money to fly and did not indulge in other pastimes because they wanted to use their money to fly.
Many of us wanted careers in Aviation and have made quite substantial financial sacrifices to fly and are anything but "whining, spoilt Biggles-wannabees" to use your elegant phrase.
You also say "No longer will government provide kilometres of paved asphalt so that a certain branch of their constituents can piss about and play Lord Flashhart for a vastly subsidised price."
I can assure you that neither I, nor the vast majority of those I know who have learned to fly at, and would would like to continue to fly recreationally from, Newcastle, have ever pissed about and played Lord Flashhart.
If that's what you do when you fly, if you fly, I hope I never encounter you.
All most of us want is the oportunity to fly from Newcastle at a realistic price and to be able to have a social atmosphere in which to discuss aviation...if that's unacceptable to you I suspect you have some kind of bigotted "class" chip on your shoulder, assuming you think Aviation is an upper-class type of pass-time like foxhunting.