PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 15th Jan 2005, 22:35
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Still stand by what I said earlier. She is challenging BA's decision to arbitrarily change the rules after she had made her application.

Unless all the 'antis' on here are management bean counters, I can't understand why people are seemingly against a professional UK pilot trying to achieve the same terms & conditions that have been granted to others before her.

The person who said she was lazy is sailing close to the wind - nothing could be farther from the truth. As they probably don't know her, it was unforgivable.

BA have not recruited for some time, when I joined 6 years ago I was 3500-ish, now there are fewer than 3000 of us. The Airbus fleet has increased in size recently and our targets have just got bigger.

It isn't easy to roster us to the maximum when there is such inefficiency inherent with LHR ops. I don't blame Jessica for doing what she has done and she has the full backing of BALPA, which is trying to recruit more women into the aviation industry.

It seems that some are struggling with a lack of knowledge of UK employment law.

Norman Stanley F, please tell me you are a wind-up merchant, sadly I fear you are serious.