PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RT standards? Am I paranoid
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 22:21
DubTrub

GtW Yes, but after the "negative" might be some "information" to assist you with your own decision-making process on where to park. I could of course never offer you
taxi and parking instructions
since this would be illegal. You have to bear in mind the limited extent of the legal words an A/G operator can use. The A/G operator must be very careful to ensure that words are not interpreted by pilots of all levels as "instructions".

"Request taxi and parking suggestions"?
would be an ideal way to introduce a constructive dialogue, the common solution to which is, of couse, "the space between the Pa 28 and the C172 is available for parking".

In essence, the pilot must not request "instructions" at an A/G field, and the A/G operator must not give them, but there are ways and means for the two to "come to an agreement" without any laws being broken.

BigStu If that is the case, then you are correct to question it. I purposely do the same, if only to raise the question with the Aerodrome Authority. Just be careful to use the "tower" suffix, that is ATC, I am sure you mean "Information" as in the AFIS scenario.

DT.