PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS - Regulations and saving life
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 16:35
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Dog,

Saying these were not EMS related still escapes me....I received Concern notices about them....an EMS industry accident/incident notification group. To say "EMS" does not apply here would be like saying a crash of a longline helicopter lifting fire gear while on a USFS firefighting contract was not a utility helicopter crash because it was really "leased" to a public agency.

Your point that we would not be saying what we are if it had been an ENG aircraft or a corporate aircraft is probably true....however....it was an EMS aircraft....and EMS operators are losing aircraft and crews at an increasing rate over the past two years.

I can assure you the job advertisements for the replacement pilots shall say...."EMS pilot....blah...blah..blah".

How do you explain the increasing accident rate in the EMS market? Just a fluke in the stats....real increase....nothing to worry about....cost of doing business?

Maybe we need to start posting the photographs of the dead....to put faces with the numbers. I begin to think the EMS industry is in a state of denial....kinda like the Wildebeasts when they do the migration....don't look back, just keep running!