PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kemble - a great lunch destination?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 13:07
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kemble - a great lunch destination?

If you had asked me shortly after the AV8 Restaurant opened, my response would have been, 'probably one of the best fly-out destinations in the UK. At last, somebody has invested big bucks in a proper aerodrome restaurant, one where you could take anybody and be proud to.'

Now?

Aaaaaaargh!

The lovely Nicky and I flew in yesterday and walked into utter chaos.

We were no 3 in the queue, the 2 in front were complainers.

The tables were uncleared, the toilets? Ugh!

Service? A joke! I mean really! If it hadn't been done before (Fawlty Towers, why so few episodes?), they could have based a really good comedy on it.

The waitress/ barmaid lost all control of the situation when impatient customers walked behind the bar to pour their own pints!

We waited 45 minutes for 2 sandwiches and a jacket potato. Meanwhile, the poor foreign lass kept bringing out food only to be told, 'they've gone'.

Kemble, please close the place down, clean it up, man it with sufficient properly trained people who can speak English and generally...well... put it back to how it was when it was built. Don't reopen it until you have addressed these fundamental problems.

It used to be wonderful! The toilets were better than you would find in good hotels - the service was spot on, even on busy days (which yesterday wasn't).

In the meantime guys, avoid it like the plague - unless of course you want a bit of entertainment and dont mind waiting because actually, the food wasn't at all bad. Don't be too confident in getting what you ordered though!

Hows Compton Abbas these days? CA and Leicester take some beating.

Hairyplane.