PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 10:40
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC charity option

Hi Flyers

Mu Beta ;- see earlier post re reply from RMT. This stage = initial offer is in with a chance I hope that chance will not be lost until the board of directors of the airport authority have given the charity option due consideration. That process takes time steps have been taken to access representatives and the next available meeting.

I agree it is money that talks and has the power to influence decisions. The individual people who actually provide that money (customers or members) had the right to a voice in that process and still do if they can organise and get their act together.

I repeat I think the victims of the cutthroat business policies were the former members of NAC. When all things have been considered it will ultimately depend on those victims and any future flyers supporting the charity concept. No support by the time final offers are confirmed and made = no charity option. At the moment the only way to communicate with them is via this site and trust Ppruners to network information to their contacts that may not have access to the NET..

Some charities are very big & successful businesses however their profit is called excess income generated to benefit the cause it supports. In addition to affordable contributions from beneficiaries they can also have separate not 4 profit-trading arms and receive donations. This helps make them a viable going concern to benefit the community.

I strongly disagree about the spirit of flying or the romance it had being dead. It is alive in the hopes and dreams of people who wish to fly but to whom it is not accessible (perhaps because of the greed for money taking away the resources.). I feel sure Elia can confirm the spirit of flying is still strong in America where it is well utilised as recreation, sport and leisure activities through which many romances will start. Flying is good for more than joining the mile high club in the romance field I think.

IF ANY ONE WANTS TO CONTRIBUTE THEIR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE OR EFFORT TO HELP THIS CAUSE GET OFF THE GROUND PLEASE POST UP AN OFFER.

Money talks but so can people.

Welcome those who
Hope2