PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Money Than Sense!!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 10:14
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for getting back to the original theme of the thread, but I also went to clothing stores to get the new No1s. While waiting for the tailor I noticed other 'money well spent' ideas on various posters including: -

1. 'Royal Air Force' name badges for use on DPM.
2. Revamped rank badges, including the new over the top WO slides, all with Royal Air Force embroidered below stripes/props/crest.
3. New water proof (blue). I imagine to replace the Geltex jacket.
4. RAF colours 'square' for DCC clothing.

Do we really need this?

It's good to see that they will all be procured at 'best value for the taxpayer'
We've done this before!

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...hreadid=137737

When morale suffers as the result of radical, senseless and unpopular cutbacks, the SOP is to throw money at "corporate identity" and "ethos". So we had some nice shiny new patches and rucksacks, and the discipline dial was turned up a notch or two ("force development") to sort out whingers!

This was at the time I was clearing my desk, ready for civviedom. And it is great!

Does the trendy new RAF rucksack mean it will now be permissible to carry a bag over one's shoulder whilst in uniform? Standards are clearly slipping!
At the time I was leaving, there was a reissue of the AP on dress standards (can't remember the name) which focused on such key issues as the length of one's sideburns. It was reassuring to see the RAF tackling the vital operational issues of the hour! In the revised AP, the rucksack posture was revised to allow compliments to be paid (Sir, you smell nice today) whilst carrying the rucksack over the left shoulder by one strap. It may have made mention of the "new" RAF rucksack.