PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS 's to close (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2005, 09:32
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Santiago

I understand that the entire UAS (14 units) annual budget would keep one (large) operational station running for a year, NOT including the cost of running the operational squadrons based there.

Iccarus

Where do you get your info? I can understand Wyton, lots of "free" airspace and no other users of the airfield, but Leeming! I don't think so! There is no spare accommodation and the airfield is v busy with sharp pointy darts. If the rumours are true then Leeming may become SH Central so it is unlikely that a "super UAS" would be based there.

Just to bring everybody else up-to-date:

Cadetships all but gone except for Medics.
Bursaries still available to pretty much all branches and worth, I think, £1K per term (or is that per academic year)
EFT - both for direct entrant, graduate direct entrant and UAS students is 60-ish hours +/- flex. UAS students should try to do 20 hrs per year.
UAS students joining as GDE but have not completed the syllabus will finish the syllabus after IOT with a UAS (which was why the RAF did not need JEFTS. Why pay for something you are already doing elsewhere?!?!)