PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Captain Arrested for Alcohol at KLAS
Old 14th Jan 2005, 22:03
Crash1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercenary Ali, that has to be just about the most ridiculous suggestion I've seen in relation to drinking and flying. One of the few pleasures of nightstopping downroute is to be able to have a couple of quiet beers before turning in for the night. Why should the majority of us suffer because of a very small minority (and yes it really is small) of people who can't cope without getting absolutely smashed.

Secondly why does everyone insist on listening to the hype about alchohol remaining in your system for so long. I bought a digital alchohol level detector (because I'm a gadget freak not an alchoholic). My friend has one also. Over the last few months we have compared results and only once or twice after 8 hours has the unit registered anything other than zero. Those nights were real heavy session involving champagne, wine and spirits. I have never been over the limit within 14 hours of stopping drinking.

So you say everyone is different. So we tested our wives too and yes they retained alchohol levels longer but still were always clear within 8 Hours.

The people that are caught are
a) very stupid and drinking late into the night
or
b) have a real serious alchohol problem.

The average person should really not have to worry about having a few drinks on a nighstop.

If you are worried about it buy a breathalyser. A digital one with read out can be bought for as little as $90 in the US or about £100 over here.

If I've rambled on its because its friday night and I can't have a beer because I offered to pick the wife up from town!