PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2005, 20:14
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi flyers,
Wife checked both last night & tonights chronicle(early editions) case i missed it. No signe of aero club news. was it in the late edition?

Incidently on Mu Beta’s point about strong feelings. I have strong feelings that the flyers and potential flyers in the region are being deprived of the oldest club of its type in the country, their living heritage. Ie effective ownership of their flying facilities & right to be involved in decisions which may develop or effect their flying experience.
I think the pioneers of this club made the airport and club what it is. It was probably your input that kept the pioneering tradition alive to date.
I feel that action can be taken to win that back for the future flyers.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO FEEL THE SAME AND ARE WILLING TO TRY.

I
Hope2

Topjet;-
Would love to say why charity option is the better one. Quite difficult on these notes my explanations on here tend to get missunderstood. There is alway’s individuals different viewpoints and needs. The question is also better for who?
I tried to outline the charity proposal in the earlier post. I believe better for members/residents of the region because maintains ownership of decisions affecting their flying & any excess income re-invested in the charities ie. Will make flying more affordable, more accessable with more potential veriety of flying activities re- recreation sport & leisure & Nowt took out for profit. Also includes power to remove appointed delegates or trustees if not doing job effectivly. These are only my thoughts it will realy depend on what the members want to make of it with what they put into it.

Non of these are possible in private ownership of a flying school and the pure business world.
Eg. It is possible for us to have total faith in Elias good intentions to look after members etc. But if there is a business take over of his empire those good intentions may be of no value and tottally ignored by new owners. I think this was reciently experienced by the former NAC re- concessionary token landing fees since airport handed to local authorities. New airport partnership changed it.

How dose that compare to the other proposals?

Hope2

Last edited by Hope 2 fly; 14th Jan 2005 at 20:50.