PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tsunami Disaster Relief - More photographs
Old 13th Jan 2005, 23:27
Steve76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info HomerJ. That is very quick and the guys and gals must be working hard in the heat doing that.

Trimpot, congrats on showing your complete lack of understanding regarding external load operations.

Why would you longline?
Think hard now.....
Here's why:

Have you ever stood under an S61 and hooked up a load?
Have you ever tried to talk underneath the rotorwash?
Have you ever seen the effect of the downwash on loose items?
Have you ever tried to place a load at a doorstep or down into a hole?

Obviously not. The longline option is safer and more practical. In the environment these aircraft could be operating, the line could be used to drop needed supplies into areas that are unavailable for landing and cannot be accessed by road. You manouver a load into a building or down onto a rooftop among aerials, trees etc.

Nothing loose is going to be blown around and the persons on the ground can communicate easily.
There are another dozen reasons that the line would be effective but it is a mute point because they are not going to.

You can thank me later for the free lesson in commonsence.

As for the backpedal. No, I am not backpeddling.

We all have strengths and weaknesses. You mil guys just cannot think for youselves and it is a sentiment repeated throughout the commercial world. If other commercial guys here were more open they would repeat the same comments. FACT.

Nobody dispises you for it; you just need to get out of the military to realise it. We all paid for your training and will have to give you more to make you workable.

I really don't give a flying **** what you blokes think because sooner or later you will need to find a job doing something useful and persons on this forum will have to give it to you.
Other than that you will end up in CASA, TC or CAA with all the others who couldn't hack it.

Ned, sorry for hijacking this thread with this BS. Thanks for the photos and good on the guys working there.

This is my last work on this ridiculous argument.