PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Aviation Money Pit
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 20:57
bigfella5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep going...............don't ever give up if this is what you really want to do in life.
I'm in a similar situation though I'm over the 1000 hr mark. I guess the difference is that the other half and I made a committment from day one which can be paraphrased as......."whatever it takes to get you there...we're doing it".
She's a executive type and we have children. It takes a lot of juggling and at times seems like it'll never end. I'm at the stage where to progress further forward in any meaningful manner, going bush/PNG may have to be an option. Any potential relationship problems have been covered by the above phrase..."whatever it takes"
Adopt a no excuse mentality, get the missus onboard and remember if you think you're bogged down in the middle of hell....keep bloody well going.
Don't listen to the nay sayers, they seem to be everywhere in this business but remember...they gave up a long time ago....if indeed they had any go in them in the first place.
After being in and around this industry off and on for the last 15 years..........the people who got anywhere did so due to not letting things get in their way.
Yes it may be easier to be single, yes it may be easier to be younger, yes it may make it hard when the family isn't in the same mindset......TOUGH!
Lead the way, show your kids that to achieve, you gotta do the hard yards. They'll thank you for it when they get older.
If the wife truly wants you to achieve your dreams....she should be supporting you...not grumbling.
If it seems that I'm wee bit hard line....experience can be a nasty and bitter teacher and I've been through it all before.
Good luck.......it's all been worth it so far.