PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serco's crumbling Empire
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 20:38
Legs11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OFF SUBJECT but how completely impractical a suggestion niknak. There is to be an agreement in place very shortly for a slight amendment to the division of LARS between Filton and Bristol, but based purely on a need to improve the line of split. Nothing else. Believe me, I know. Not rumour. How on earth could Bristol take on an even bigger chunk of LARS provision when their Commercial movements are rocketing sky high

As for NATS, lets examin history. What happened when they took on Luton? They dumped LARS. What's more likely to happen when, and a very large if here, they take on Bristol? Consolidation with Cardiff? well who knows but that's been covered elsewhere, take on a larger LARS provision? I very seriously doubt it.

As for the approach control function for Filton being carried out from Lulsgate you have got to be joking. Filton's airport manager is very keen to maintain his autonomy. He doesn't want any outside interests affecting his business and this is one reason for taking on AMS a soon to be fully owned subsidiary of BAe. Maybe when the radar head stops turning he'll reconsider, but he does not want his approach done from anywhere else but Filton. And that's from the mouth of the horse