PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sickly Qantas cabin crews (Crikey)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 14:00
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice wind-up, Flying tiger.

At least I hope it's a wind-up, otherwise you look like a real drop kick! Why do we go thru this periodic willy-waving of who is worth what? Getting bitter and twisted about what other people get will put you in an early grave. Why would you hope other people get less, instead of hoping they got more? All that's really happened in the recent past is coal-face employees trading away T&Cs in return for CPI increases, whilst mananger's earnings bloat to sickening levels.
I have many cabin crew friends in QF long haul
these sulky, unfriendly, rude, pathetic, protected princesses and queens that hold Qantas to ransom...
Hope I never get counted as one of your "friends".
There are thousands out there who would accept the life of a flight attendant on lesser T&C's, and who are more than capable doing so. And yes, I do believe the same for pilots.
You're a pilot are you? How do your colleagues feel about your desire for all work for free? Or are they all your "friends", too?
I know many professional people who work far harder and don't earn that much.
I know people who work far less and are paid orders of magnitude more. What's your point?
How much does a SO get?
There's an airline offering SOs on jets $1900USD a month. The scramble to get in is amazing. So should that be a benchmark?