PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sound Barrier Over London By A Lightning
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 12:27
CyclicRick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blacksheep:

I was at the Berlin Airshow for 3 days (static display pilot of all things!!) and saw the Typhoon do it's display. AMAZING manoevers but it did lack something wasn't very clean or smooth. The dutch F-16 display was by far the best and I told them so too, not forgetting the swiss F-5's droping flares at the end of their display which I've never seen before..wonderful. I agree with the others, a fast fly past is just amazing to watch.
I was stationed in Soest (Germany) with 3 Regt. AAC from 1981-1986 and we had an airshow every year for a while including a Buccaneer (see thread..wonderful reading). We had 2 F-16's from Spangdahlem (IIFC) do an amazing display. One came in so low and slow he scorched our grass strip and then the next one came in at high speed from the west. I remember mentioning to one of my mates "christ he's fast"..and then he shot past in silence and then came the double boom as he cracked the sound barrier! My hair stood on end and the cheer from all the aircrew and groundcrew said it all! It was THE most thrilling ting I've ever experienced at an airshow. Thank you chaps who ever you were