PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Interview
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2005, 09:02
matzpenetration

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone care to post the salary A & B terms and conditions, so the new joiners can make an accurate comparison?

For many of us Monarch has offered the base of our choice on a decent aircraft. Yes, EZY may pay a little better but to go from RHS to LHS there at the moment (and this includes Ryanair as well) you are likely not just to change base but country as well. Fine, if you are single but with family commitments your QOL takes a nose dive.

Remember, with EZY: no pay until base cx completed, you pay for your type rating, multi sector days with v. fast turn arounds, pay for your unform etc.....

It probably balances out in the end but I'll take a permanent contract and the security of a salary from day one to pay the mortgage.

Although it is not very evident yet, the number of pilots gaining frozen ATPL's is slowly reducing as many young people realise aviation is not the goldmine it used to be. In the next 5-8 years T&C's will probably have to improve again to stop UK pilots being lured to the Middle and Far East.

I understand how the currrent MON pilots feel and hope that they continue to push for comparable contracts but the fact is if you are flying 4-6 sectors per day earning 25k on a t'prop or RJ and an airline offers a £14k pay rise, more flight pay, similar pension, less sectors and a worthwhile type rating then it becomes a bit of a no-brainer. Once more and more pilots leave MON then things will change.

I hope the current pilots don't resent our decision to join. If you were in our shoes you would do exactly the same. Be thankful we are not low hours CTC cadets from overseas on even less money.