PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Flight YMML
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 22:58
Brett Rankin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually Nev, Clarence is a little off the mark.... although his intentions are well received, ....as I too agree "the Victorian Helicopter EMS system" is excellent!
LifeFlight is not in competition with Air Ambulance or Police helicopters in Victoria, nor have we ever sort too be... Unfortunately this remains a 'legacy of assumption' that undoubtedly thrives when facts are not considered.
LifeFlight’s BK117's are already -
1 - under contract to the Victorian Department of Human Services for the provision of Neonatal retrievals (Powercor Children’s Helicopter), coordinated by the Air Ambulance Service.
2 - under contract to Surf Life Saving for rescue workload (Westpac Rescue Helicopter), also coordinated by the Air Ambulance Service for EMS functions when backing up or standing in for their helicopters when down for unexpected maintenance issues.
Spinwing is very kind... and the closest to the mark in relation to our situation and intentions.
I'd like not to be considered "Off the planet", but understand there will be disgruntled ex-employees and "knockers" of what and how things are being achieved.
I am always happy to talk to constructive contributors who are genuine in their desire to advance the industry. I can be contacted most days at work on +61 3 9614 1700.
Nev - your point about Warrnambool is not lost, although I'm not in a position to say too much, discussions have been ongoing with relation to the relocation of the rescue helicopter down that way, although the government does not publicly acknowledge the need at this stage.
Thank you for taking the time to read the information I've laid out above, and I hope this helps clarify LifeFlight’s role and intentions here in Victoria.

Brett Rankin.