PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 12th Jan 2005, 19:33
Tartan Giant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She knew the T&C

I have read all the posts, and can to some little degree see where she wants her cake and eat it - and indeed when she wants to eat it.

This lady pilot was damn lucky to get into BA and she knew full well the Terms and Conditions of the employment, and what the fall-out would be having a baby. It's a choice she made.

The employer should NOT have to bend over backwards and up it's own fuselage to pander for these natural eventualities.

As Anti-Ice states (and others) she is having a laugh with her sob story.

She flies now and then and is lucky enough to be operating a part-time roster. Others have to be content to wait 7 years to play that card. That's discrimination.

Along with her choice of marrying a pilot, and of living so very far away from her base, it cannot be the employers fault if HER choices screw her chosen career.

Some pilots with less money in the family kitty have to live closer to accomodate the silly things in life called "standby".

If she was an RAF pilot she would probably be saying, "you can't post me to a war zone, I have a baby to look after".

If you can't stand the heat of the kitchen, get out.

TG