PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 19:02
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
correction reposted from earlier page

Aiglon;revised posting;- Thanks for your input,The implication is correct.
A Pure flying school just teaching people to fly would not meet the requirments for Registered charity status.
I know that Social Education provision & the personal development of individuals using flying activities as recreation sport & leisure would be in the right circumstances.

I would welcome your contribution to addressing this issue.

The object "to improve the conditions/quality of life" is a term used in registered charities documents to address the charity commission rules.
My impression is conditions left by the former NAC will need improving to become a suitable learning environment to help improve the quality of life, for people in the region, prior to seeking registered charity status.
For me the escence of a charitable organisation is the people in it. They need to have a friendly charitable nature and a willingness to share their Knowledge, skills and experience.
The organisation itself must be charitable by nature to deliver its object to those in need. It will need to prove itself first so as not to be percieved as a paper excercise to fund activities for the elitist few.

Hope this helps and clears any missunderstanding.

Best Wishes
Hope 2