PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Approaches?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 12:21
DOC.400
"Trust Me"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I can only thank you all for the feedback!!

I will try them ALL!!

Jinkster -You're right on Samos, interesting as you fly towards the mountain on downwind for 09!! My wife got stranded there a few years ago due to the Melteme blowing.....The outbound leg from the beacon very close to Turkish airspace, that must have made life a bit more interesting a few years ago.......

London City -I've heard it's like going down on an elevator, and even FS gives that impression!!! BTW, they have an informative little website: www.lcacc.org/operations.html

Hotel Mode -tks for feedback on Innsbruck.

Empty Cruise -APCH? Sorry, not familiar with that FLA....Have found plate for Visual Approach Procedure with headings and heights -it's just difficult to keep track of the runway on the sim!!

ATIS -now Sion, you're talking!! That took a couple of attempts to get right......Whilst approach plate shows 7400' QNH at D12, not clear on whether to coninue at DA (H) (4500') past hospital and then descend to land?

I've also found Marseille and Nice plates, and also Narsarsuaq, which warns about icebergs on finals.....eek!

I'll have a crack at Gib, must dial in some turbulence to make it real, judging by the warnings, and keep clear of Spanish airspace -does that still apply.

I can see where you guys earn your money!! ;-)

Keep 'em coming.

Oh and BTW, min. approach speed for a B737-400 please?

Rgds
DOC