PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 12th Jan 2005, 11:23
Backtrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) will she do more or less sectors on the A320 part time than a full time 744 pilot?
Probabably not. But then, with her 1,200hr experience quoted elsewhere, she's unlikely to have the "experience" to be on the 744 fleet. 1,200hr wouldn't get you to an interview with some carriers.
Anyway, what about check & training pilots? Last month, I managed 1 landing. This month, I'll be lucky to complete 2 & February aint looking much better. The difference, however, is that I - and all the other checkers & trainers - have developed the skills to cope through experience.

2)If she had wanted to reduce her flying to 50% in order to become a pilot manager as oposed to parent what would BA's response have been?
Looking at it practically, how likely is someone with 4 yrs in BA (given the number of pilots they have with more experience & also ably qualified) going to be considered for such a role? I give her 2 chances - slim & fat.

Only my humble opinion, (I don'y work for BA & only know what I've seen in the press/media) but BA is not refusing her a part-time contract; she can have a 75% one now & when she achieves 2,000hr total she can have a 50% one - just like all their other pilots, male & female.