PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long landing roll (pax question)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 08:53
EFP058

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening Star,

I had a feeling this erection thing would not be the best way to say it, but with english being only my third (or fourth) language, I am excused... What I was trying to say is: When selecting spoilers in the air, the most they will go up is usually around 30 degrees or so, while on the ground they go up all the way (usually around 60 degrees on most aircraft), plus the number of panels going up is bigger when on the ground.

As for your assumption of selecting only very little groundspoilers: Rather unlikely. The way it (usually) works is, you move the spoiler handle into the "arm" position during approach, and once you touch down and the aircraft registers WoW (Weight on Wheels), the spoilers are being raised all the way automatically. There is no way for you, the pilot, to arm it to open only halfway. It´s either all or nothing, no in betweens.

Although I´m sure someone will prove me wrong in a minute by saying there is some sort of obscure aircraft out there that actually does offer that option.