PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 08:29
rotorspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl12 etc

As an employer, we will always ask for expected salary at some point, either in a job advert or on interview. The rationale is pretty obvious - business is competitive and one always wants to get the best value from employees, and indeed has to in order to remain in business.

BUT this does not mean one simply takes the cheapest expected salary - rarely, in fact, is this the case. One is looking to see that someone's expectations are realistic for their experience/competence etc - and most are, to be honest. Some applicants do seem to overvalue themselves or indeed maybe correctly value themselves, but the job may not require (and hence justify the costs of) all the skills they possess.

It is also important that people are reasonably content on whatever salary they are on and I never want to push applicants to accept less than they are happy with - they'll only leave after an irritatingly short period.

As an employer of course you want those who are very competent, motivated and happy for the least money - and that is determined by simple market forces I'm afraid!

My advice - state what you genuinely will be happy to earn, which will be pretty much market value, inevitably moderately influenced by how much you want the job.

Last edited by rotorspeed; 12th Jan 2005 at 12:29.