PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Flight YMML
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2005, 04:13
spinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that any criticism of this organisation needs to done with care ....

"Talklimited" your anecdotal comments from a "contact in Oz" might be suspect if that contact is using you to advance a personal vendetta!

This organisation is in a very tricky political position TRYING to provide a Professional EMS service to fill needed gaps in the face of quite a bit of "Vested interest" by other organisations.

Yes I'm sure there have been problems with crew turnover, its a bit of a "catch 22" situation ... try to provide a service but you are not allowed (??) you need to prove yourself, BUT you are not allowed,... BUT you have to crew the equipment and you need to have Pilots available ... and of course pilots being pilots are usually restless creatures if their skills are underutilised they will get bored and then move on... it happens in a lot of professions.

The CEO has built that organisation up from nothing, they have 2 IFR BK117s which are in EXCELLENT condition... he has the basis for very good team.... and he has put his heart and soul into it!

What he needs is encouragement, (political ?) support and chance to prove the organisation.

(and no I am not part of the opperation!)