PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major new projects in Nicaragua
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2005, 20:49
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well put flufdriver.

As pilots I´ve always felt that we have more in common than we have differences. But the dangers you warn us of and the example you cite of management seeking lower-paid foreign pilots is only the beginning of the danger we see as pilots working in a globalized economy. I have also heard similar remarks having been made specifically of Russian, Australian and Canadian pilots, and while I believe in the free movement of people and labor it certainly is a double-edged sword to be considered! Management worldwide has observed the saying "when you´ve got them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." I cannot see myself working at most Nicaraguan operators just because my situation allows me to work elsewhere, and my family and I couldn´t live on the pay offered. So I practice my trade elsewhere, return home on my extended days, but continue to be deeply interested in what goes on in the region.

In any case, I like sharing my whatever I can to contribute to this forum. I am happy that latinaviation and others have done the same. I don´t consider myself tooting anybody else's horn, but like anyone else, I am not equally interested in the goings on in say, Argentina or Brazil, as I would be about goings on in Nicaragua or Honduras. So if somebody doesn´t like my posts, feel free to ignore them.