PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetsGo Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2005, 15:42
jumpy737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the TWO engine shutdowns that occured on the 23rd? One was out of YWG due to a fuel leak and the other was out of YYZ. Two in one day does not look good and this was a contributing factor to the meltdown that occured. You can say all you want the the flights were cancelled due to safety concerns when in reality they were cancelled due to a company that has grown faster than the safety department (I'm asssuming you have one) can keep up with. Until you have a FOQA operation set up you will never know what is happening on the line. You will be as surprised as every other company about what happens out there when that is in place. While I admit that your pilots aren't as inexperienced as people say, it comes down to time on type and not just overrall time. Most other companies you will see every season at least twice as an FO before being given the ultimate resposibility over the aircraft. If the JetsGo captains are deciding not to go during a snowstorm, that I think is inexperience. We have many reference manuals at our disposal which will tell us if we can take off or not and if WJ decided to take off, it was safe to do do....end of story.