PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald ATP - IOM
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2005, 15:15
Capt. Horrendous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Freighter I'm very impressed that some of your Captains have 30,000 hours on type, I flew the beast on the rock for six years for Manx and only ammassed 3,000 on it. You must work your pilots very hard at Emerald.

The reason that many of the ex Manx/Bral chaps ( myself included) didn't go and offer their services to Emerald ( and yes - we were all approached ) is because of the poor terms and conditions ( mainly pay, pension and staff Travel ) relative to those that we have in BACX. Also, Emerald tried it once before and it didn't work.

The ATP is the best tool for that job and can cover the IOM-LPL route in almost the same time as a 146 ( 19 mins my own p.b.). It can deal with 36 Kt crosswinds and turbulent conditions better than anything I've flown, and wind should not contributed to the incident described above as it was only 210/30.

Regarding the incident itself, the aircraft ended up on the left hand side of Runway 26 near the end having broken at least one runway edge light. The crew reported to the tower that they thought they had burst a tyre. Everyone was OK, thats the main thing - the facts will speak for themselves shortly.

Last edited by Capt. Horrendous; 11th Jan 2005 at 17:38.