PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A few facts about Cathay Freighters
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2005, 13:52
CruisingSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmh, why would a company "throw away money". It appears that the company believes that by making examples of a few, the others will follow better track, this is what is widely known as "bullying tactics". Single losses will be quite acceptable when they confirm the pecking order, or when money can be raked back in tenfold on a wider scale of intimidation, i.e. a change to COS.

As for me digressing from the freighter side of things, point taken. I am not even qualified to post then, as I was mainline myself, but I believe that the issues raised by GDOP apply to the company as a whole. And the 49er story is just one of many chapters making up the whole book, look at the wider picture.

When reading your last sentence I hope you are not implying that I am trying to run an anti-recruitment campaign here. Edited: I guess the "facts" in the thread title and GDOPs conclusive advice to prospective wannabes may be your underlying cause...
I quite agree that there are many good aspects about my former company and would never say that people should not give it a go in HK, HOWEVER: I do feel compelled to set the record straight when you are spouting around that everyone on this forum that raises or confirms valid concerns must have "black tongues or long noses".

Perhaps a more reasonable approach would progress this discussion, would that be in your interest?

Last edited by CruisingSpeed; 11th Jan 2005 at 14:18.