PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solenta forcing pilots to return to Abidjan
Old 11th Jan 2005, 13:30
freightboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condition of aircraft....

RudeAwakening,

My, but you do have a lot of inside information:

"Compared to other operators out there the condition of their aircraft is absolutely horrendous."

When last did you fly in or with a Solenta aircraft? They might not be the best, but they are for sure maintained better than most....

Quote:
"The key professional facet in the whole operations is the pilots - from the Caravan pool to the ATR pool."

At least I can agree with one statement in this drivel....

Quote:
"And then, the first condition of employment with SOLENTA is that the guy forks out thousands of rands and does his rating WITH them."

This is new to me, but then you seem to have the facts. Last I heard, any pilot is welcome to go and get his/her C208/B1900/ATR rating on his/her own and I can guarantee that they will pay at least 30% more for the same rating. E.g. an ATR rating at FlighSafety is about USD18000 not including the airfares, accommodation etc. Solenta provides ATR conversions and obviously the candidates have to pay for the ratings, like you would at FlightSafety or any other training organisation.

So, RA, its very easy to criticise from the luxury of complete anonymity, but at least try and get your facts relatively straight.