PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 11th Jan 2005, 10:39
flystudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overstress,

I have looked for facts on this case e.g. balpa site. news sites, BA site etc and have found limited resources. If you're in a position to direct me to more information it would be most useful. Short of that all others such as myself can do is speculate amongst ourselves and offer thoughts based on what one knows and/or thinks (like a rumour - ;-) )

As for the couple having courage to take this to public yes it is brave, very - indeed. I imagine a lot of people will have told her so, as happens in life people support a just cause, however ask them to get involved and very often they will fade into the shadows, "erm, well really I dont want to get involved" as someone said above biting the hand that feeds.
e.g. no disrespect but I havent seen a photo yet of the happy couple taking BA to a tribunal, I can't see the partner in any photos.

Anyway, as I said if you could point us to more facts that'd be great.

as a side issue I personally can't imagine it will do wonders for either partners advancement prospects in the airline or with another airline, sad but true.

Regards
FS