PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford v PGT Kemble
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2005, 10:34
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxford or Kemble

G-SPOT (great handle by the way)

I have not visited the facilities at Kemble so cannot comment. But as, their instructor Pete Begley said : have a look before you make the decision.

I was trained by Steve Tindle, Pete Begley and Steve Francis and found them reallly good. I definately DO NOT think they are the sort of people who would 'sell you short' or not be concerned about you or your academic welfare on the course.

Not sure who the other instructors are who left Oxford to go to Kemble.

Oxford has very good facilities and a few really good insructors. Although, we were not impressed with one or two of them and could not do much about it. On site accommodation is pretty expensive as well. I assume you are a modular student. If so, do not believe the hype about Oxford getting you a job etc. It's rubbish. They may get the odd person work but I saw many integrated people at the BALPA conference who had as much luck as the rest of us.

I might get an Oxford employee disagreeing with me on this but there are hundreds of us out there, who I am sure would agree with my point of view.

I know this does not definatively answer your question. It is a good idea to visit the schools and see what reception and advice you get.

Trust is the most important aspect when choosing a training organisation. In my opinion, the kemble guys are good guys. Oxford is a large organisation, so have certain commercial and reputation responsibilities. (sorry, not much help again)

I will stop waffling now and good luck with it

JTK

SORRY EVERYONE, JUST SEEN A PREVIOUS THREAD

£2,200 at Oxford

When I did it last year it was c.£5,000.

I think they may now be realising the profit potential and low cost per head of training modular students. I wonder if thier balance sheets are taking a hit now because of the competition at Kemble.

If Oxford spent a couple of minutes talking to modular\'s about flight training, they might have made a few hundreds of thousands more in profit.

Sorry, hogging the threads.

Bye

JTK