PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Strike Looms Large at Air Log in the GOM
Old 11th Jan 2005, 03:53
SASless

Received 550 Likes on 223 Posts
I am confused....again.

I have listened to the Air Log pilots talk about the status of the CBA negotiations and read all sorts of things at another US based web site that purports to be just about helicopters.

I have been led to believe that the Company is the party to the negotiation that has not been bargaining in good faith. The union boys have thrown out all sorts of facts, figures, numbers, and percentages that they claim support their case.

I will admit....I believed pretty much what I was reading and had heard....though admittedly I had not heard the company's side of the issues except as relayed to me by those on the pilot's side of the argument. I must assume something was lost in the translation.

Now tonight...I get word....and unless the Federal Mediator has been CBS'd.....in the form of a letter from the company to the Federal Mediator that plainly states the union is the party that has not been bargaining in good faith and that the company has no objection to the union being released from mediation by the Federal Board.

That does it....you just cannot believe anything a bunch of helicopter pilots have to say.

96% of the pilots voted for strike....and 92% voted "NO" on the contract offer the company finally made after all the arguing and despite the union negotiators telling the company the offer would not be accepted......now the company is on record as accusing the union of bad faith bargaining.

I wonder just what the truth of the matter is....maybe someone closer to the issues can help us out here?

Why is it I sense there is no attempt by both the parties to find a win-win compromise here?