PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA PPL and New York. Please Help
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2005, 21:58
stuartforrest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA PPL and New York. Please Help

I am subjecting myself to a weeks trip to New York on business at the end of February and conveniently I need to get my FAA PPL application validated at the New York field office before the end of March so I intend to combine the trip.

This is to get issued a FAA PPL on the back of my CAA PPL. I already have the letter from the FAA confirming that I am who I say I am and my ratings etc but now you have to meet a real American who checks that I am definately who I say I am.

I want to know if anyone has done this before. The office for the FAA is at JFK where I am flying in and out of. Do you know if you can just waltz in there and get this done.

I have tried to call them but can never get hold of the guy who I have previously spoken to and he never returns calls of emails but he is still working there. I figure there is not much point complaining as when I spoke to him last time he made out that he was doing me a favour issuing one of these (maybe he is as a British person doesnt have an automatic right to it I suppose) and it seems he is the boss anyway so I dont know who to complain to.

I am obviously going to try to get the best info I can before I go but has anyone else done this before and can you give me any tips. Is the FAA office easy to find at the airport and also does anyone know how long it takes to travel from JFK to New York Centre (Hilton Hotel) as I have never been to the big apply before.

Any advice will be appreciated.